Hadoop provides significant value when integrated with an existing data infrastructure, but even among Hadoop experts there is still confusion about options for data integration and analysis of data in Hadoop. This class will help clear up the confusion by providing answers to the following:
- How can Hadoop be used to complement and extend a data infrastructure?
- How can Hadoop complement my data warehouse?
- What are the capabilities and limitations of available tools?
- How do I get data into and out of Hadoop?
- Can I use my existing data integration and business intelligence tools with Hadoop?
- How can I use Hadoop to make my ETL processing more scalable and agile?
We'll illustrate this with an example end-to-end processing flow, using available tools showing how data can be imported and exported with Hadoop, ETL processing in Hadoop, and reporting and visualization of data in Hadoop. We'll also cover recent advancements that make Hadoop an even more powerful platform for data processing and analysis.